Sunday, October 11, 2009

10 weeks and heartbeat

How far along? 10 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:plus 3 lbs total
Maternity clothes? i need to go shopping soon. None of my jeans fit anymore
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Very good. I only get up once to pee!
Best moment this week: Hearing the heart beat (182 bpm). It was amazing!
Movement: Can't feel it yet, it won't be much longer
Food cravings: CHOCOLATE!
Gender: Everyone thinks it's a boy
Labor Signs: none
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Having the energy to stay awake with my husband until 9:00pm
What I am looking forward to: finishing up this turnaround at work so I can start shopping and looking at daycares
Weekly Wisdom: Take it one day at a time.
Milestones: We have a heartbeat!

Hearing the heartbeat on Thursday was amazing. I was a little nervous at first because it took about 45 seconds for the doctor to find it but once he did I couldn't stop giggling and smiling. Although I still don't think it has hit me yet that we will have baby in 6.5 months, it does seem more real now that we've heard the heartbeat. Now I know for sure that we actually have something in there. I have been one of the lucky ones and haven't had any morning sickness or major pregnancy symptoms besides fatigue. So hearing the heartbeat confirmed that we actually do have a baby!! I was joking around and said, "We'll since it's one heartbeat I guess it's one baby." And the doctor said not necessarily. He said you can't really tell with the doppler. When we do the ultrasound in December we will know for sure but we are all pretty sure that theres just one in there. He said my uterus would have measured a little larger at the last visit if it was twins. Our next appt is November 6th just a routine check and we hear the heartbeat again. Then four weeks later around December 3rd, we will have the big ultrasound and find out the gender! I'm so excited for that day.

I didn't do an update at 9 weeks. Work has been so busy lately. I work 5am until 6 pm 7 days a week. So by the time I get home I'm exhausted and go straight to bed. I haven't even had much time to spend with Tommy. My poor husband has been handling everything the last few weeks. He is so great. He cooks, cleans, cuts grass, he does everything. So when I get home he has supper ready and the house clean and I just eat, shower and sleep. He is such a great husband and he's going to make a great father!

Hope you have a great Sunday. I'm going back to work :-(

0 comments: