Monday, December 22, 2008

So much to do and so little time

I think it just hit me this weekend that Christmas is THIS THURSDAY! I think I finished my Christmas shopping over the weekend. I even got all of Tommy’s stocking stuffers. And I even have everything wrapped. But for some reason it seems like I forgot something. I don’t who it is but I think I left someone off of the list. I’ve been going through both families and I can’t figure it out. Oh well, I’m probably stressing over nothing. But for now I need to worry about making all of the goodies for Christmas. I’m making cheesecakes bites with a praline sauce to go on top, a chocolate meringue pie, oreo truffles, cornbread dressing, and rice dressing. I actually need to have all of this made for Christmas Eve and I have to work Monday and Tuesday. Not to mention that we’re going out to dinner for a friends birthday Monday night. Wow, I need to get busy. At least I have all of the grocery shopping done. Now it’s just a matter of cooking everything.

Here’s the recipe for EASY oreo truffles in case any of you are interested:
1 pkg Oreo cookies, finely crushed
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
Semi-Sweet chocolate chips (Or Andes mint chocolate chips)

Mix 3 cups of cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 1-inch balls
Freeze for a few minutes to harden
Dip in melted chocolate chips and place on waxed paper. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs or Christmas sprinkles.
Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.

You can do a lot of different twist with this recipe. You can use white chocolate or mint chocolate in place of the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Or even try using the mint oreo cookies.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

0 comments: