Thursday, May 20, 2010

2 weeks old!

Miss Priss is already 2 weeks old. It’s so hard to believe. Time has been flying by and we’ve loved every second with her. Today is actually the first day that mommy and Abigail are on there own. Tommy went to work today so we’re enjoying the day with just us girls. Abigail has been doing great. She’s eating great and has already developed a 3 hour schedule during the day. At night she goes anywhere from 4-5 hours between feedings. Last night Tommy feed her for the first time. The little porker ate 4 ounces and was still hungry so she nursed for a few minutes after. We’re going to gradually give her breast milk by the bottle so she’ll be ready when I have to go back to work. I go back July 1st and I’m already dreading that day. I’m going to cry my eyes out the entire day. I went to my sister’s graduation party last Saturday and Tommy stayed with her for a few hours. I cried just leaving her for 2 hours. But we’ll do fine, I will just be an adjustment for all of us. I’m sure Tommy is having a hard time today being away from her for the first time.

We’ve had so many nick-name for little Abigail in the last 2 weeks. Here are just a few:
Miss Priss, Little Ma’am, Miss Ma’am, Peanut, Monkey, Pumpkin, gourmand (French for greedy), and many many others that I can’t think of right now.

Abigail read her first book this morning. Or should I say I read the first book to Abigail. We read “Are you my Mommy?” I’m trying to teach her how to say Mommy already so I figured the more I say it the better my chances are :-)

All 3 of us have soaked up every second of the last 2 weeks and I look forward to many many more. I love watching our little princess grow up!

1 comments:

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

She is so beautiful! THATS why I need a girl, so she can wear tutus!

Her schedule sounds great. Way to go, Mommy!