Tuesday, December 29, 2009

21 weeks and Christmas

How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 10 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yep there is no escaping them now.
Stretch marks? Thank goodness there are none yet
Sleep: Pretty good lately. Tommy bought me a preggie pillow for Christmas and it was really helped me sleep lately. The last two nights I haven't even gotten up to pee once.
Best moment this week: Christmas with the family and the first coat of pink paint on the nursery walls.
Movement: Yep
Food cravings: Still strawberries. On Christmas Eve, Tommy made me the best chocolate covered strawberries I have ever eaten. He's the best husband.
Gender: We definitely have pink walls.
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? still in but it's definitely not as deep as it was.
What I miss: getting on the scale and seeing the number go down instead of up...but it's all for a good cause!
What I am looking forward to: finishing up the painting in the nursery so we can put together the crib!
Weekly Wisdom: Wow we only have 4 more months to go.
Milestones: We got most of the nursery furniture in. The hutch is still on backorder. But I'm excited to get it placed it in the room and start setting everything up for our new arrival.


Christmas was nice this year. It started off horrible because Tommy got the swine flu on Wednesday and missed Christmas Eve dinner with my family and Christmas day with my grandparents. But he is much better now and well rested. We went to my parents house on Christmas Eve to quickly open up gifts with them. We didn't stay long because Tommy didn't want to pass on the flu and my uncle was having dinner at his house that night. So Tommy headed home and I went get some gumbo and open more gift. Christmas morning Tommy and I exchanged gifts. I gave him a Craftsman tool chest and a few other small things. He gave me a preggie pillow, some PJs, slippers, a craft organizer, a smoothie maker (for yummy strawberry smoothies) and few other things. We had a great Christmas. Then I went to my grandparents for their HUGE Christmas day lunch. Tommy had to miss out on this too. The food was great and I think everyone had a great time. We had Christmas with Tommy's parents and brothers on Sunday at our house. I really enjoyed having everyone over and using some of my serving dishes and wedding gifts that I don't use very often. It was very fun. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I can't wait for 2010! I know its going to be a very exciting for us with lots of new surprises.

0 comments: