Monday, September 20, 2010

All items have been deleted.

That is the message I saw Sunday morning when I tried to delete only a few pictures off of my camera (pictures that I already downloaded). The stupid thing decided to not only delete those few pictures but ALL of the pictures that were left on my camera. So that's why there was no cute post this weekend about Abigail eating her first bowl of cereal. I guess I'll just have to take more pictures of her making a mess tonight and just pretend it was her first time.

Anyway, we tried the cereal for about 2 or 3 nights and then gave up because she was getting aggravated with it and thus mom and dad were getting aggravated. But we tried again on Saturday night and she did great. She now opens her mouth for the spoon and she actually swallows the cereal rather than pushing it out of her mouth with her tongue.We've only tried rice cereal so far. I think after about a week of this we will try oatmeal then move on to vegetables then fruit. We also switched her up and she's now eating every 3.5 hours rather then every 3 hours. I know this doesn't seem like such a big deal but it makes our afternoon/night time so much easier. Before, she was eating at 3:00 then 6:00 then again at 7:30...now she eats at daycare at 4:30 then we feed her at home at 7:30 (cereal and bottle). Having only 1 feeding at night makes life so much easier. Hopefully she approves of this schedule. We've tried it for 2 days now and she's doing great. Well now you know everything about her feeding schedule. Look forward to a post about her bowel movements soon...just kidding :-)
Photobucket

2 comments:

Mama K said...

haha.. all of the details are so important when they are this young! I count things down to the minute...how long did he nap? 1 hour and 14 minutes :) lol.

So sorry about your pictures!! That is awful...I hope you get some more good ones!

Shannon said...

Oh gosh! I remember those days of cereal! It took Gillian Grace about a week to get the hang of it. Until then feedings took forever! Then by 2 weeks in she was downing the cereal like a pro! It'll get better!

And don't worry, there will be plenty more opportunities for mess dinner pics! Have a great day!