Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Random

Sorry for the lack in posting the past few weeks. Not much has been going on around here lately. Except that it’s really really cold here. When I say cold I mean 29-35 degrees which I know is nothing compared to the -40 degree temperatures that those up north are experience. But for my Cajun blood that is just too cold. Despite the freezing cold temperatures Tommy and I have been practicing for a 5k race. We’re hoping to run the Boy 5k in Baton Rouge. It’s a 5k race and at the end of the race they serve beer, poboys, donuts, etc. It sounds like a lot of fun! I just hope I can finish. I’ve been practicing 3-4 times per week and I think we can do it by the time the race comes around. Then we hope to do a 10k, then a half marathon, then maybe a full marathon. We’ll see how the 5k goes before we start thinking about the full marathon.

Other than that we’ve been planning a Mardi Gras couples shower at our house for Tommy’s brother and his fiancé. The invite list has about 100 people on it so it will probably be a pretty LARGE shower. I was a little shocked by the number. But hopefully not everyone will show up. We’re doing jambalaya, finger foods, king cake, chocolate fountain, and various drinks. I think we will have plenty for about 60-75 people. It should be a lot of fun. I was nervous at first but I’m getting pretty excited. I started decorating our house for Mardi Gras and I love the purple, green, and gold colors. Not just because it includes LSU purple and gold but it just looks fancy all together. I’ll have to post pictures of our mantle soon. I love it!!

Besides that nothing special has been going on. Just the plan ole work, eat, sleep, enjoy the weekends, etc. Hope you have a great week!

0 comments: